For some reason the demographics of exmsft.com tend towards the geeky – in other words people who are overly concerned with things like server configuration and the like.
As of March, 2012 exmsft.com runs on a Virtual Private Server out at Storm on Demand, a division of Liquid Web.
Since it’s virtual we actually have no clue as to all the details of the specific hardware it’s on, and in fact that may change over time.
However as of July 2015 the VM is configured as:
- running CentOS 5.7 64 bit
- ~1.75 GB RAM
- 160GB disk
- 1x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
- cPanel Server Management software
- exim is your mailer
- “Fully Managed” by Liquid Web (i.e. they’re happy to swoop in and fix things)
- the exmsft.com web site is running WordPress with the Genesis theme, News child theme
And yes, this time it’s backed up. The server itself is backed up nightly with three days retention, and the list of forwarders is [encrypted and] backed up off site once a week.
Server rent as configured is currently $70/month plus bandwidth charges.
Since some have asked: I’m not asking for donations or anything like that. Though, telling your friends about Ask Leo! (my gig that actually pays the bills) might be nice. If you insist you may buy me coffee. 🙂