Follow these instructions carefully. They are not the default as recommended or pre-filled in by many email programs or services.
These are the settings used for POP3 email accounts on exmsft.com.
- Mail Server Username: XXXX@exmsft.com – your full email address.
- Incoming Mail Server: exmsft.com port 110 (POP3)
- Outgoing Mail Server: exmsft.com (server requires authentication) port 25
Port 26 is also supported for unencrypted outgoing SMTP if port 25 fails. (Some ISPs block outgoing port 25 as it’s often abused by spam sending botnets). If you have connection problems on port 25 and you’re certain that everything else is correct, try 26, or the encrypted SSL SMTP configuration below.
SSL connections are also supported:
- Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) lw5.askleomedia.com port 995 (POP3)
- Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) lw5.askleomedia.com (server requires authentication) port 465
Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS)
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)
For those that are of a technical bent, these are typical settings as set up by cPanel running exim.